Thursday, January 26, 2012

Chinese New Year Activity

Day 1
To begin the Chinese New Year week, we started the day by tracing the oranges and letter O. He's quite excited first, then he found a difficulty in tracing all the oranges. He asked me to help him.

Then, we continued to make a lantern that he usually called "Jack O'Lantern" ^^

He didn't very into with this craft. I asked him to cut the lines I made, but he just cut few lines only. And I have to make it the rest.

And it was the most favorite activity! He made the paper doll. He pasted the clothes on the paper dolls. He made it excitedly.

Making a dragon envelope. He folded the paper into an envelope. It's quite good to teach him folding the paper on its line.

Day 2
I introduced him with the Chinese Zodiacs. We arranged the cards based on the year. I mentioned the animals, then he pasted it accordingly.

He made it successfully. He counted the dots by himself and applied the cloth pegs in the right numbers.

This was his first time he could color all the inside area. He made it very nicely, for me....^^

Making a dragon puzzle. He did it well though he needed me to help him as I cut the puzzle in triangle shapes. He's a little bit confusing.

Day 3
In the last day, we made a dragon puppet. It's a little bit difficult for Fritz, so I decided to help him much on it. He just paste the dragon's head, body and tail. Then, I cut and folded the body. He gave the last touch by pasting the sticks. He didn't so interest play with it. -__-

We made a finger painting. He loves this activity than before. He made some drops as the oranges. Then, I made the branches around it. ^^


No comments:

Post a Comment