Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Toddler : 17 months 1 week


Colors : Orange
This week, we started the day with painting Orange colors in the drawing book. He really couldn't wait to paint on it. He wanted to grab the brush when I was mixing red and yellow paint and just showing him how it mixed.
In the afternoon, we did the pasting together.
Orange things are Orange flower, Orange pumpkin, Orange carrot, Orange onion, Orange orange and Orange goldfish

ABC's : Coloring Bb


He's not really into it now especially with crayon. I had postpone it since Monday. He always refused to color it. I help him in the end. I think I have to find some other ideas about learning this.

Shape : Square
I took a square shape from his shape sorter. I think it's too big and can't be used as a square stamp. And Fritz didn't feel so comfy with it. When he saw his hands were so orange, he got cranky and asked me to clean up those.

Math : Coloring #2

Again, he didn't so into it. And in the end, he posed...again!

Learning Toys
*Mega Blocks*

He still can't stack the blocks by himself. I just help him to stack those then I ask him to take it off and put it on it's box.

For the first time, he wanted to do it but I can't get it with my camera. I left my camera in my room. So I just left the moment. -_-'

Then, I took the camera and I asked him again to take the blocks off. And here the results
*Piggy Bank*

Actually it is a Mickey Mouse and Friends' Bank, not a Piggy Bank shape. ^^

It supposed to be for the last week post and I didn't have the pictures yet. As he wanted to play with it today, so I got it.

He actually excels in doing this. He can put some coins to the Mickey's castle as he loves Mickey so much. Though sometimes it's according to his mood. If his mood is fine, he will put all the coins inside but don't ask if his mood isn't fine.
*Shape Sorter*
He really can do it alone by himself, just a little guidance from me. When he did it, he's mumbling something and I really couldn't understand what his mumbling. Full concentration!

*Thomas Train*He got it from his 1st birthday presents. It's a Thomas Train with some features he can play with. We can put some batteries under the wheels so it can move and produce sounds with the eyes wiggling. Looks so funny actually, but I do not put the batteries. Then there is ABC and 123 shape to be sort of. He obviously can't do it by himself. It's still not suitable for his age actually. So I just ask him to put in and out the shape from the door from the back of the train. He really loves the phone one!

*ABC*

Another birthday presents....

It's very useful to learn ABC. Though he didn't like much of the sound (as in his laptop), but for sure he will someday.

Practical Life
* Transferring water using sponge*

New things for him...

He put the sponge into the *gayung* and he squeeze it in the others. He did it many times...

I put the sponge in his armpit and he laughed!

*Mopping with rug (pajamas pants)*

One morning when I asked him to put his pajamas into the basket, suddenly he found some enjoyment. He mopped the floor using it. Then after more than 5 minutes he was busy with it, he moved and cleaned up the TV board. I really didn't wanna disturb what he did. Just let him explore what he likes!

*Chopstick into the bottles*

I've got this idea from some American's homeschooling blog then I modified it a little bit. I used some bamboo chopstick and a used milk bottle and let him to put all the bamboo chopsticks into it.

*Beads on the bottle*

I modified it from the chopstick then I gave him the beads. It's hang up for only few minutes. Then he got bored already and moved to other activities. That's kiddos!

Reading Books

*Spot*

I got these 6 series of Spot in Gramedia, Serpong and just cost ten thousand rupiah each. Fritz was so enjoying reading one the story, "Spot goes Holidays"

*Touch and Feel*

One of my parents' student gave some books she had to me a year ago. It is one of them. Honestly, I really can't afford to buy it by my own. And thanks to God for it!

Miscellaneous

*Okay sign..by joining his pointer and thumb into a circle shape and the rest fingers are pointing up.


*Writing with pen*

Always be his fave things to do. He can grasp the pen correctly now. He is on practicing how to put the lid.
*watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse VCD*

I bought it for Rp 5.100,- each in front of A&W Resto at Carrefour Puri Indah on last Saturday. I bought 3 items, 2 for Mickey Mouse and a Little Einstein. He can't stop watching it, he asks for many times...Look! How seriously he is when watching his best friend!
*Ipad Miniature*

Hahahahaha....:O

I got it very cheap at Carrefour Puri Indah. It's not more than ten thousand rupiah! When I gave him, he loves playing it. It really looks like an Ipad, the booming gadget for nowadays. Look! He can hold the pen stick correctly.

*Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Magz*
He never gets bored to read it many times. The one and only, he just wants to see Mickey inside here.
I never be afraid to give him books or magazine to him. He can use it properly, never tear those or do something bad. He can open pages by pages with his small fingers and he knows when it's upside down.

*Pouring soup using spoon*
Then it's time for taking lunch. I made soup for him, just macaroni, carrot and peas. Like usual, he refused to eat. And here he did to the soup.And yes, he did pouring the soup from the bowl to my plate. What a boy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment